Every summer Flying Moose Lodge hires up to fifteen counselors.
- All of our counselors are State of Maine Certified Trip Leaders as all members participate in the weekly tripping program which is the backbone of our camp. We teach the State approved course.
- Must be 20 years old or older.
- Camping, canoeing and backpacking experience is helpful but not necessary. A willingness to learn is necessary
- Must have the desire to mentor, guide and teach boys in the art and thrill of camping.
- Should be team players
- Need to be flexible and willing to do whatever is necessary to make a good summer experience for the good of the campers.
- Will lead three to five campers on weekly 4-day trips.
- Will supervise 4-5 campers in a base camp lean-to.
- Will co-supervise "squad" duties - dining room duty, vegetable squad etc. (3-4 times a week)
- Will participate in the weekend program as well as the trip schedule.
A current and clean driver's license is very helpful in those applicants over 21.
Salary is set on a scale depending on age and experience.
Benefits include board, room and laundry. A staff car is available for those over 21.
24 hours off per week.